- Book Chapters
- Books and Monographs
- Conferences, Symposia, Meetings
- Journal Articles
- Theses and Dissertations
What is Inspec?
Containing over 16 million records, Inspec is one of the most definitive abstract and indexing databases for subject specific and interdisciplinary research in the fields of engineering, physics and computer science.
Inspec® covers five main subjects:
- A – Physics: elementary particles and fields, atomic, molecular and nuclear physics, phenomenology, fluids, plasmas and electric discharges, condensed matter: structure, thermal and mechanical properties, electronic structure: electrical, magnetic, and optical properties, cross-disciplinary physics and related areas, geophysics, astronomy and astrophysics.
- B – Electrical engineering and electronics: engineering mathematics, materials science, circuits and circuit theory, components, electron, magnetic and superconducting devices and materials, optical materials and applications, electro-optics and optoelectronics, electromagnetic fields, communications, instrumentation, power systems and applications.
- C – Computers and control: management topics, systems and control theory and technology, numerical analysis and theoretical computer topics, computer hardware, software and applications.
- D – Information technology for business: management aspects, applications, systems and equipment, and office automation for communications and computing.
- E – Mechanical and production engineering: general topics in manufacturing and production engineering, manufacturing and production, engineering mechanics, and industrial sectors.
Inspec Training Videos
The Inspec Database on the Engineering Village platform: subject search examples
|This is the first of two videos showing Inspec search examples on the Engineering Village platform. This video demonstrates how using Inspec’s subject indexing may be used to refine and retrieve results that closely match the searcher’s requirements. The different search options are reviewed including how to refine your search and use Inspec keywords, classification codes and IPC (International Patent Classification) codes to produce accurate results.
The Inspec Database on the Engineering Village platform: author, affiliation and other special searches
|This is the second of two videos showing Inspec search examples on the Engineering Village platform. This video demonstrates how to carry out effective searches for authors, author affiliations, conference and source information, publication types, language, treatment codes and keywords in publication titles